An RV can be an incredible asset to own. You can stay close to your Commerce, GA home, or you can travel all around the country and still have some of the comforts of home. They are extremely popular among retirees and families who travel with children.
As the warmer months approach, RV owners are gearing up for vacations and road trips. While you are getting your oil changed and stocking the cabinets in preparation, there is one more thing you need to do: Update your insurance policy. North Georgia Insurance Center can help you make these updates so you can relax on your trip.
First, there is a chance that you dropped your insurance while it was parked for the winter. If that is the case, you will need to reinstate your policy to drive legally. Whether you are reinstating or just updating, you need to check your coverage:
- Do you have at least the minimum amount of coverage required to drive your RV?
- If you encounter damage due to theft, vandalism, acts of nature, debris, or impact with animals, can you afford to cover the repairs? If not, you should consider adding comprehensive and collision.
- Can you afford any repairs for damages due to an uninsured motorist out of pocket? If the answer is no, consider adding uninsured motorist coverage.
- Have you upgraded your RV in any way that might either get you a discount for safety features or require you to increase your coverage due to increased value?
- Do you need to add any new drivers to your policy that will be taking turns behind the wheel?
Some additional coverages to consider are:
- Roadside assistance in case of a mechanical or electrical breakdown that makes you need a tow
- Total loss replacement that can cover the cost of a brand new RV if yours is totaled
There are many types of coverages to protect your RV, and North Georgia Insurance Center can help you find the perfect coverage for you. If you are a Commerce, GA resident, be sure you give us a call or stop by!