There are a lot of reasons to live in Georgia: friendly faces, moderate temperatures, and natural beauty wherever you turn. Georgia is also popular because of its affordable housing, with prices below the national average.
Those may be the reasons you chose to buy a home in Commerce GA. Even with all those advantages, you still want to make sure your home is protected. But it can be confusing to decide how much protection you need.
When you purchase your homeowner’s policy at North Georgia Insurance Center, you have to consider all these:
- What is the value of the land?
- How much is the physical structure of your home worth?
- Are there outbuildings, like sheds or detached garages?
- Add in both small and large appliances, from your toaster to your stove to your air conditioning unit.
- Do you have electronics? Keep the receipts and serial numbers in a safe place.
- Consider the value of your furniture and treatments, such as rugs and curtains.
- Add in personal items like clothing, books, and other items.
- Are there other considerations, such as expensive jewelry, artwork, or a boat you store on the property? If so, speak to your agent about whether you need to add special protections for those. There are usually limits on how much personal property is covered by your policy.
Your homeowner’s policy is really a contract, and you should be able to look at it and know what is covered and what isn’t. Make sure your limits cover you well enough that you can feel secure.
Living in Commerce, GA is wonderful, but things can happen anywhere. If you want to make sure you have the coverage you need, or if you just want to ask questions about your policy, please feel free to call North Georgia Insurance Center today.