When you buy an RV, standard vehicle insurance may not cover everything that might happen. Your North Georgia Insurance Center agent can help you understand your options and what would work best for you and your family. Keep reading for more information on RV insurance available in Commerce, GA.
Types of RV Insurance
Many of the following policy types are optional. Although, just like car insurance, you are required to have liability and bodily injury coverage in Commerce, GA. Work with your North Georgia Insurance Center agent to individual your coverage. If you are going to have your RV parked for long period of time, you may also need homeowners insurance.
RV coverage that you can consider generally includes:
- Liability insurance pays for claims made against you for bodily injury or property damage suffered by someone else in an accident that was your fault. This is required in most states, including Georgia.
- Comprehensive coverage covers the costs to fix damage to your RV due to non-collision events. Examples include theft and fire loss.
- Collision policies pay for collision damage to your RV, and help repair or replace your RV.
- Vacation liability can be a great option in certain circumstances. It pays for the costs of other people’s injuries and property damage. However, this type of policy usually only covers you when someone else is hurt or suffers property damage while using your RV for vacationing. It doesn’t cover events that occur when you’re on the road.
- Roadside assistance pays for the cost to get you up and running if your RV breaks down.
Call your North Georgia Insurance Center agent at 706-335-2433 for more information on your RV and other insurance needs in Commerce, GA.
A flood is the most prevalent of all natural disasters. It can occur after a powerful storm, hurricane, or snow thaw. Keep you, your home, and your family safe by having flood insurance. The North Georgia Insurance Center in Commerce, GA has expert independent agents that can help you protect your property and family.
Emergency Preparedness Kit
Before a flood happens, you should make sure to have an emergency kit prepared. It should be in a location that is easy to access, like a closet or laundry room. This kit should include:
- Bottled water
- Non-perishable foods
- Batteries, including an extra cell phone charger
- First-aid kit
- Rain gear
- Pet and baby supplies
Household Evacuation Plan
Have a plan that every member of your family can utilize. Learn the best meeting place if one or more of you are outside of your home when a disaster strikes. Perhaps a local church, store, or school would be a good place for your family to reunite. You should practice this plan several times a year.
Prepare Your Home
Floods can happen anywhere, but if you live in a flood zone, you should prepare your home quickly if there is a flood warning in the area.
- Sandbags – can be purchased at your local home improvement store. Place them around your property to prevent water from entering your home.
- Unplug Electrical Items – start with the water, gas, and electricity. You should also unplug televisions and appliances.
- Elevate – move any important documents or furniture to a higher floor.
Flooding can cause serious injuries and devastate your family if you are not prepared. In Commerce, GA, the independent agents at North Georgia Insurance Center can help you review your policy and add flood insurance coverage to protect your needs.
Sometimes people don’t consider the need for life insurance until they are diagnosed with a serious, life-threatening illness. When this happens, the person often believes they will not be able to purchase a life insurance policy. This is incorrect; you actually can get life insurance. It may not be a policy someone without an illness can buy, but there are policy options to help you take care of your loved ones.
Graded Life Insurance
One option is called “graded” life insurance, and it is a type of whole-life insurance policy. It’s designed so the premiums gradually increase over the course of two years and then level off. If the insured member dies within the first two years, then the beneficiaries will receive a refund of the payments made with a little interest. If the person survives over the two years, then the policy will be paid at the full face value at the time of death.
Someone with a serious illness is considered high-risk, and some companies specialize in these high-risk policies. Some offer guaranteed acceptance whole life insurance that does not require a medical exam, and there are no health questions to answer. The premiums will be higher than for the average person, but you will be able to secure a life insurance policy. There can also be term-life insurance options that might fit your situation.
North Georgia Insurance Center
The agents at North Georgia Insurance Center in the Commerce, GA area specialize in customer service first, and then the insurance. When you’re sick, it’s not the time to stress over finding the right life insurance policy. Contact us today and we can help make life easier for you by finding the coverage you need for your family in Commerce, GA.