Mold growth can be sneaky, especially when you live where there is a higher humidity level, as the Commerce, GA area. For mold to grow, it only requires a little food and water, and it will flourish. It’s not a surprise to find mold growing in the basement or behind baseboards or drywall after a flood, but there are some unexpected and hard to detect areas it can grow. Check these unusual places for mold in your home.
- Refrigerator drip pans are one place easy to forget because it’s out of sight. Food and moisture collect in the drip pan and creates a perfect environment for mold.
- The gasket around front-loading washing machine doors creates another perfect mold-growing environment. There is lint to eat, and the gasket often stays wet.
- Window sashes and seals, where dust and dirt collect and add some condensation and mold will grow.
- The brick crevices of the chimney collect dirt, debris, and water where mold can flourish.
- Places where dishes are stacked, such as grouted tile. The grout and cracks will stay wet, especially if dishes are washed daily, and create a nice mold-growing environment. This may not be visible until it’s grown out of control.
- Air conditioners trap pollen and dust, good food for mold, and moisture from the air and mold can grow in the AC drain pans and ducts.
- The rubber seal around your dishwasher is another mold-growing culprit to watch.
North Georgia Insurance Center
The North Georgia Insurance Center provides home insurance to the Commerce, GA area. Our agents are fair and held to the highest ethical practices. We approach your home insurance needs as if they were our own. Contact a North Georgia Insurance Center agent to review your homeowner insurance needs.